Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Gelli Plate for Printing

Happy New Year to you all. It has been SOOOO long. I started a new business and was so busy I had to take time off from blogging. So much was happening I could not find the words to blog. I have missed you all and most of all I have missed visiting all the amazing blogs I have seen since starting my blogging journey. To start off the New Year I am in design mode. One of the designs I wanted to make more of are cards like the Tardis card below. I have been creating cards like this using sponging techniques. I do a whole A5 page at one time. It takes me about 30 min to create one page.
I happen to be watching a scrapbooking show I have recorded. On that show they demonstrated a Gelli plate that is used for printing. The method they showed was sooo much faster than my sponging, inking, and masking. It got me thinking about how I could use this Gelli plate to create my card backgrounds. I went on a Youtube search to see how other's use this Gelli Plate. I found out that you could make your own Gelli plate. It is made of Gelatine and Glycerine. YES! Ok I love crafting of any kind and the challenge to make something rather than buy was on. My first attempt the Gelli stuck to the pan...ick. So I chopped it up and remelted it.
Finally, I have a Gelli plate.
Now for the design work. I am hoping I can get the same or similar effect as the Dr. Who card above.

24 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love to make and give handmade things too. However mine would never turn out this good. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee. It has taken me a while to get the hang of making things like this. Thank you for visiting my blog

      Delete
  2. beautiful, just beautiful... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this, but then again I lack the crafty gene! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had not heard of this till a couple of months ago

      Delete
  4. That is gorgeous. Love it. I wish I was this crafty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and thank you for visiting my blog

      Delete
  5. Good luck, I hope it comes out just the way you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so much respect for creative people with skilfull hands :)
    I hope your business will work great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and what an interesting technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a lot of fun this technique

      Delete
  8. this is really neat. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see it over at my link party this wednesday - A Mouse In My Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will come visit. I am glad you like my post. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  9. God bless you that you are SO crafty..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your Etsy business! I've never heard of a geli plate, but looks like you are good at your craft!

    ReplyDelete