Friday, July 26, 2013

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney and Mountain Goats

  Hmm, there is something I am suppose to remember....Oh well
 
  This week I used up some of my husband's frequent flyer points to take a trip to Sydney with him. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have started a new adventure teaching Social ArtWorking Classes. The Australian Distributor for the Social ArtWorking products is located in Sydney. I mentioned to them that I could come and demonstrate just how easy it is to teach and do the painting classes.

 We arrived on Sunday morning and my demonstration was not till Tues. So, I had few days to have a wander around Sydney. Sunday we went to the Aroma Festival. I thought it was a brilliant idea to have food and my favorite liquid, coffee while enjoying the atmosphere at the Rocks, Sydney. There were way to many people for my liking. The lines were extra long, and getting food was an excercise in 'How to deal with Crowds'.



 We decided it was easier to visit the Museum of Modern Art and have a coffee there where it would be much more relaxing. After spending 20 minutes getting food from a food stall, the Museum of Modern Art Cafe was much more relaxing. We could watch the crowd from our nice quiet seats in the cafe. What a view of Circular Quay.!



 While at the Aroma Festival we passed by a famous Australian Artist's gallery Ken Done. Ken Done has been a favorite artist of mine since I moved to Australia. The first time I saw his paintings I secretly wished I could learn to paint like that.



  After a long day flying to Sydney and walking around the Rocks, Sydney, it was back to our hotel. Have you ever been to San Francisco? If you have ever been to San Francisco, or your familiar with the North Sydney area you will know why I mentioned mountain goats in my title. After walking 10km around the area of the Rocks Sydney, we had a HUGE hill to walk up to our hotel in Lavendar Bay area of North Sydney. Think of the scene in any movie set in San Francisco with the trolley cars coming up that great hill...
 
Picture from http://shaunnaf.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/ns-postcards-27.html


Only we could not just hop on a trolley car. What a view we had from the Hotel room at the top of that hill where our hotel was!!


  Monday was no different to Sunday. I wanted to go down to where the Sydney Harbour Bridge was and take photos to paint or draw. The idea was to find a spot and sit and draw. It was nearly 3pm by the time I realised I had walked 10km around the Lavendar Bay, and Kirribilli area of Sydney.  (This included the 3km walk to and from breakfast)


 


It was only because my camera batteries went flat and my stomach was growling that I stopped. .....I STILL had that HILL to climb to get back to the hotel. LOL Our Hotel was at the top of a hill that could not be avoided! 

 After the long day walking, taking photos and enjoying the sights, it was off to dinner.....You guessed it.... more HILLS ROFL.  I was getting good at being a mountain goat.  At the end of the night I looked at my ipod to see how many steps/km I had done....It said I had done over 12km!  

 


Tuesday, Each day I walked to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tuesday, I walked with my husband to the office he was working in. Up hill and down hill, then back to the hotel after breakfast. I had already walked 3km. I had a demonstration to do in Banksmeadow, NSW that day. This was the reason I came to Sydney with my husband. At least the walk to the buses from the train station was only a few metres :>). I had such a good time demonstrating how easy and fun Social ArtWorking is. I demonstrated the Pear Trio pattern to the Distributor for the Social ArtWorking products here in Australia.



 
On our way back to the hotel room, I was joking about how I felt like a mountain goat climbing all the hills in the area while we were in the elevator. When I heard a familiar accent.  A couple in the elevator said "We are from San Francisco, and we're use to all the hills". LOL

  Before we went to sleep, I checked my ipod again to see how much walking up and down hills I had done that day.  Whew, only 8km.  Still getting up the hill to the hotel that night it felt like a mountain!  I counted that day, I had gone up the hill to our hotel 3 times just in that one day.  My feet were starting to get sore and my legs were a little stiff from all the walking.


Wednesday, Ok last day in Sydney. I hop out of bed only to find my calves ached, my legs felt like they were going to collapse. Hmm, good thing it is the last day.. My first thought was, I have fibromyalgia and all I have to do is walk around a bit and the stiffness with go away.....I walked to breakfast as usual. This time it was closer :>). Getting back to the hotel was down hill but still a struggle... I know my limits and my limit for mountain climbing was over. I spent my last day working on my flyers and blog posts for the week at my husband's office. It was a nice relaxing day with no hills to navigate. I was going to miss Sydney but not the boot camp training in how to be a Mountain Goat. :>) 

Cruise Ship Leaving Sydney Harbour


So...What was I suppose to remember....Oh yes I remember now... "P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney"

Happy Blogging;
Tracy

20 comments:

  1. Wow, what a view. I would love to visit Sydney, it looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday Party. Don't forget to stop by next week to see if you have been featured.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I will certainly visit next week. Love your site.

      Delete
  2. So much exercise! That's probably a good thing! I love those photos of the sydney harbour bridge. you should see our story bridge here in brisbane...much the same! Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I have been to Sydney several times and lived there for a while but never got to see the Bridge from that angle. I have to get to Brisbane one day.

      Delete
  3. My calves are aching just reading this!

    Visiting from #Team IBOT xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Mine certainly ached by Wed morning. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. As a Sydney girl I just have to say I LOVE your photos they show how gorgeous my city is.....I definitely agree about the hills and the san fran reference xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad to hear I portrayed your city well. It is a beautiful city. Though I am a country girl born and raised in small towns, I have always loved Sydney.

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures and am inspired to go to Sydney...even if it means walking up some killer hills. :) Thanks for finding us at Pin It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some killer hills dotted around Sydney. Most of the city is easy to navigate but the North Sydney area is all hills! That is where i took these photos from North Sydney area, Kirribilli, and Lavender Bay areas. Good cardio hills!

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely wonderful! I love the pictures!

    Happy to have found your blog through the JustByou Blog Hop!

    Maria
    www.musicteachingandparenting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I was worried that I might not have any good pictures as my camera is one of those point and shoot types that does everything automatic cause I am not good at photo taking.

      Delete
  7. Great post title - and those photos are stunning! What a busy week, I miss my years living in Sydney :( Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love going back to Sydney, it never loses it's appeal.

      Delete
  8. Popping in from The Beetle Shack...your almost aerial view of Sydney Harbour look fantastic and how cool was it to ship a big ship leaving as well. A beautiful sunny Australian winter. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. The almost aerial view is on top of a HUGE hill in North Sydney. It was just by chance I saw the cruise ship sailing out of the harbour and under the bridge. I took so many pictures from that hotel window and I always tried to pick times at the end of the day and morning...but this day I was working from the hotel room and was procrastinating...

      Delete
  9. Walking aside, it sounds like you had a great time in old Sydney town Tracy. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did have a great time. I always do when I go to Sydney.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful pics of what looks like to be a beautiful and interesting place!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. Sydney is a lovely place. I love visiting there every chance I get.

      Delete