Friday, June 7, 2013

UFO's How many do you have lurking in your cupboards?

 In a previous post I mentioned I had a few UFO's  (un finished objects) and someone  commented about  their UFO's.  I thought it might be a bit of fun to find out how many of us have UFO's lurking in our closets, garages, kitchen tables Yes, there are some of us who have spread out to every spare space of our houses! hehe...  





  Until this year, when I started making wedding invitations for my son and his fiance', I have managed to keep most of my UFO's hidden from the DH (Dear Hubby).  Well, ALMOST. 
 
  We are like 2 migratory birds that flit from one place to another. So, we move every few years.  Most often due to either my work commitments or DH's.  EVERY time we move I get sprung with my UFO's big time!!! On moving day or when we are unpacking the "Craft room" boxes multiply like tribbles! (Only a Trekky would know what a Tribble is lol). Every time one of those "tribbles" appears my DH grumbles under his breath...."More UFO's".  After many hours of back breaking work the inevitable comment comes out of DH mouth .... "Just how many UFO's do you have, you seem to have more every we move (insert exasperation!)"

  My current former UFO is a place mat I want to paint with a Vintage style floral image in the center.  I want to sell this at the markets. Vintage and vintage looking items seem to be all the rage, so hopefully this will be a hit at the markets.  I have a bit more work to do on it.  Hoping I get time this weekend.  I have an Ebay class I am teaching on Tues. and I need to prepare the notes for it before I can have a play and finish this piece.
 


  So, what UFO's do you have lurking around?  Have you finished any UFO's lately??

8 comments:

  1. We have SO many UFOs in our house that the list could in all seriousness go on for about 3 pages. Really! One current UFO is a big box of bookmarks that the kids and I started a few months ago to restock in our Etsy shop...We did finished about 10 [out of the 40]. There's still so much work to be done!
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say... There is always another exciting thing to create and some things get left behind in the process of moving on to the next project :>) Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. yes, my house is full of UFO's much to my hubbys displeasure! Need to get to work on them! Thanks for linking up at Pin It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I think it is a trait of a creative person...I remember a few years ago there was an email going around with the caption "I'm not messy....just creative" Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. New follower from Fun Friday Blog Hop http://alewphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. I visited your blog, it is lovely

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for joining the Say G’day Saturday linky party. I hope you were able to get a few projects completed this week!

    This week’s linky party has just started so I hope you can stop by and say g’day!

    Best wishes for a great weekend,

    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha. I have not stopped this week, again...I am working on a new venture and doing some background work on getting it going...Lots to do. I missed your comment and the Linky party :( I can be the 200th post..

      Delete