Thursday, May 16, 2013

Introducing a new shop and concept, Locally Made in Australia

   If you go to any store to buy an item that is made in Australia, you will be hard pressed to find anything that is actually made in Australia.  Go into any store that sells Australian Souvenirs, turn it over, and what do you see?  I have yet to find a souvenir that says "Made in Australia".   
  I often buy from markets and specialty stores that sell local products.  By choosing items that are made locally or handmade items at markets I am supporting the local economy and my local community.

  I went to the opening of a new concept store that supports local artists and artisans of food. The owner of this new store has an amazing vision for handmade items.  The vision is to promote locally made products both online and in store. 
   At the opening there was some really great food items as well as handmade clothes, art works, photography, and some amazing handmade items.
  If you live in the Melbourne, VIC area, come visit Made Locally.  If your a seller of locally made products, this is a great place to sell your products too.

Happy  Blogging;
Tracy @ Warratahstree

18 comments:

  1. I really like your site. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. It drives me crazy especially when it is a patriotic themed item with the US FLAG ON IT!!! and it's made in J#%$N!!! I like your paper crafting work! Have you ever heard of Close To My Heart? I am a rep and our big wigs recently went to Austrailia....scuttlebut is that there will be an Austrailian CTMH division SOON! We are already in US & Canada. I am your newest follower
    Stopping by from the weekly "Pimp-Out/Showcase" Hop
    Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com
    I hope you will stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, I have not heard of Close to my Heart. I will have to have a look at it. I am a Stampin Up Demonstrator, so all my paper craft uses Stampin Up! paper and inks. I had a look at the Close to My Heart site. Very nice products.

      Delete
  3. I found your blog on the showcase and started following on google friend connect. I wish I could find a store that sells local handmade products where I live. If I'm ever in Australia I'll try to find this place!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me. I sell handmade products in my Etsy shop. I do post to the US, Canada and Europe... LOL but that is not Locally Made is it ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for stopping by Deezy Does It this week!! I hope you signed up for the giveaway.
    Thanks!
    xx xo
    Deezy
    http://deezydoesiteezy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have signed up now. I didn't before as I live in Australia, so thought I was not able to claim the prize if I win.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun place where I could end up spending a lot of time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is, and you would spend to much money as well hehe. So many amazing things in the shop!

      Delete
  6. Hi! Newest follower here... I love your blog! I was hoping that you would pop on by my blog and follow me back!

    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow. I will certainly pop over to your blog.

      Delete
  7. Hi Tracy! Thank you for visiting my blog! Here to look at yours and return the follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam;
      Thanks for visiting and following my blog

      Delete
  8. Tracy Speight GREAT BLOG...Thanks For SHARE YOUR BLOG...
    Photographer Campbelltown

    ReplyDelete


  9. Bob shop online is a Australian shopping online.From where you will buy Christmas presents,Australian made,handmade australia,designer gifts,birthday gifts and so on.You can get your favourite shopping through online service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post-- wonderful ideas and your booth looked amazing!!! Sell your artwork

    ReplyDelete