Thursday, May 30, 2013

A week of Websites, Broken hard drives, New designs and Inspiration

  It seems that every week this month has been very full. This week has been both the busiest and the most productive week. I have been working on updating a client's website, diagnosing a friend's computer issues, recovering data off a corrupt hard drive, finishing off a commission piece, and redesigning products to sell at markets.

   At the beginning of the month, I re-evaluated my current products to take to market. After applying to a couple of markets I was told that my products are a duplicate of what they already offer at those markets. So, after some suggestions and some thought, I have decided to start a new line of cards and paintings.

New Australian Wildflower Cards

    For more than 30 years my husband and I have traveled several countries. Each trip my husband takes so many photos of things I have said for years "I want to paint". LOL, so essentially I have many UFO's (Un Finished Objects). Only problem is the UFO's are the thousands of photos my husband has taken. I wanted to find some inspiration for painting and card designs. What things inspire you for your craft?

   What inspires me often is nature. My art was something I stumbled onto after I finished a Computer Science and Geology degree. I am a Geologist by training and the many years I spent hiking, and studying Geology inspired me to want to draw and paint the beauty around me.



Stone Mountain, NC

     I love the beauty of flowers, geological structures and historical places.

Mabry Mill, Blue Ridge Parkway

Historical Site close to Stone Mountain, NC
 
 
No surprise the necklace and earrings I created for future daughter-in-law had flowers on it.



 

   I am working on a few pieces for some art classes I am doing in July, but here is an inspirational piece I want to add a vintage style flower to it. I have to practice first, but I can't wait to finally put the final image onto the piece.



16 comments:

  1. Hi there! Visiting you from the Thumpin’ Thursday Blog Hop!

    XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandi;
      Thanks for visiting and commenting. I like to get comments.

      Delete
  2. I am a new follower from Funny Post Partum lady. I am following you on GFC. Please stop by and say hello!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lydia. I will certainly follow back. What is your blog name?

      Delete
  3. Wow Tracy, I had no idea you had all these talents---not only do you blog but you also make the cards and some pretty awesome looking jewelry! I wish I had those kind of skills. I'm afraid I am far from being crafty. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mama :>) I have always been crafty, I learned from the best...my mom and my granny Beaulah :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Tracy! I'm stopping by from the "TGIF Blog Hop and Linky Party"! I am following you via GFC and Google+. Please follow me back. When you visit my blog please leave a comment if you enjoy my post. I appreciate the support.

    Thank you,

    Vashti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vashti;
      Thank for stopping by. Following you via GFC. What is your blog name?

      Delete
  5. Following you from the TGIF Blog Hop! Nice to meet you! Please consider following me back if you like what you see :)
    http://bringinguptherare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I will certainly return the follow.

      Delete
  6. So glad I found you via You Like Me Blog hop! I love your pictures, and I also have my big share of UFO's!

    Check out my blog, if you like:
    http://mydevotionalthoughts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth;
      Thanks for stopping by. I had a look at your site and am following you. Great site

      Delete
  7. Hi, I´m your new follower. I love your blog. Kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria; Thanks for the follow. I had a visit on your blog. Great blog, we have a few things in common with your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your works is wonderful. Love reading your story.

    ReplyDelete