Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Display Box I Made for Market Stall

    I thought I would share one of the display cases I made for a Market stall I had on Sat 23, March 2013.
   I wanted to display my jewelry in a vintage case but could not find the appropriate case for displays.  All the vintage cases my family and I found were more than I could afford.  So, I decided to paint my own vintage, Paris themed display case.
   I made this case using a paper mache case I bought at a local craft store.  I first sealed the box using Modge Podge. Then I painted the entire case with a black base coat of Jo Sonja paints.

 Then I used a thin coat of metallic white glaze.



The images on the case are stamped images, using the Stampin Up! Artistic Sketches stamp set.

  I think it came out nice.  I used fishing line to create clothesline effect for displaying the jewelry.   I was originally going to put my "Choose your own Greeting" cards in the display box, but on the day of the market I used plastic clothes pins to display my jewelry.






  Now that the all the work of this market fair is over.  I can get back to blogging more.  I promised that I would blog more about Market Stalls and some of the interesting comments from other market stall holders.  See that stall behind me setting up?   They had the most delicious looking candles.  Truely!  The candles looked like real melting ice cream, and there were some yummy looking Ice Coffee candles too. At 6am, when you have not had a lot of sleep in 4 weeks and a small breakfast, those candles were making me hungry!

Happy Blogging
Tracy @ Warratahstree

I am linking back to link parties Here

8 comments:

  1. You've got a cute blog going on here! I LOVE the colors and I love handmade items :). Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I look forward to reading more!

    Jessica
    http://thewonderingbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I have been changing it around. I spent way to much time getting ready for my first ever market stall and not enough time on my blog. I am enjoying the time working on my blog for a while.

      Delete
  2. What a cute case! I really love the Eiffel Tower theme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby. I got the theme idea from a friend of mine who is crazy about anything to do with Paris.

      Delete
  3. the jewelry case came out very nice . Thanks by stopping by from the night owl blog hop. Yes, Grandbabies are the best. Enjoy yours this Easter and make memories yall will cherish for ever. Am following you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy,

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Please join us next week in Pin It Monday Hop. Following you now via bloglovin, gfc and G+.

    Have a nice day.
    Judy
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
    http://www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com/



    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea very much. A character of its own. Unique. Thank you for sharing.
    I've send you a blog award; you can claim it from my blog post.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete